Now Hiring: CDA PROGRAM MANAGER
Job description | DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION PDF
The Program Manager oversees the coordination, administration and implementation of all aspects of an ongoing outdoor recreation program for people with disabilities, including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
Duties and responsibilities
The Program Manager performs a wide range of duties, including some or all of the following:
- Plan and facilitate CDA programs, including winter skiing and snowboarding, river rafting, adaptive cycling, day camps and Camp Freedom, and all of the recreational activities that CDA provides to a wide variety of individuals with disabilities.
- Support the administrative staff in planning, coordinating, and reporting on all programs.
- Coordinate and deliver volunteer trainings for all program activities.
- Manage registration, scheduling, and billing of CDA participants.
- Recruit, onboard and orientate new volunteers. Create and deliver weekly communications to CDA volunteers. (CDA has an average of 150 volunteers annually)
- Complete lesson assignments for CDA volunteer instructors.
- Coordinate weekly scheduling emails and assignments for all CDA volunteers.
- Monitor, answer, and return messages for the CDA operations phone line.
- Act as a program office representative during office hours to greet visitors, answer office phones, and respond to program inquiries.
- Provide instruction in adaptive sports to individuals with disabilities.
- Create volunteer trainings, including material development, delivery, and feedback.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with community partners.
- Coordinate risk management issues related to programs, training, and driving.
- Assist in the maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Drive CDA vehicles for the delivery of direct service and programs. Must have the ability to drive a 15 passenger van and be able to safely tow trailers as necessary.
- Be a positive representative of CDA programs, events and activities in our community.
- Comply with all CDA policies and procedures.
- Participate fully as a member of the CDA staff and volunteer team.
- Other duties as identified.
- Exhibit a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative.
- Independence in completing tasks, decision making and risk management.
- Experience leading and coordinating recreation programs.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent group facilitation and team management skills.
- Ability to assist in the maintenance and repair (or willingness to learn) of adaptive equipment and facilities.
- Ability to work flexible hours; regular schedule includes weekend work.
- PC based programs, Google Suite, MS Office, social media platforms, and databases.
- Ability to lift and carry and carry a minimum of 50lbs including adaptive cycles and other sports equipment.
- Commitment to a positive, fun and team-oriented working environment
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current First Aid card and CPR training (or willingness to obtain within 90 days).
- Clear background check after interview and demonstration of clean driving record.
Should hold, or be willing to obtain, the following certifications:
- Wilderness First Responder
- Adult / Child AED and Airway Management Professional CPR
- Utah State Captains License, Whitewater River Guide
- Colorado State River Guide Trainer
- ACA Swiftwater Rescue Level IV
- PSIA Adaptive Ski Instructor, certified ski instructor or knowledge of ski instruction techniques, PSIA Level II Adaptive or higher preferred.
Pay Rate : Salary; based on experience $36,000 - $40,000 / year.
Benefits: Option to participate in a subsidized group health insurance plan, dental and vision. We offer vacation, holiday and sick time and a full season ski pass to Powderhorn Mountain Resort.
Hours: Dependent on program schedule; includes regular weekend, afternoon, and evening work. This position requires weekend availability. The Winter Season may vary based on need and demand. Full-Time Year Round; 40 hrs per week; non-exempt.
Posting will be open until November 20, 2019
As an organization dedicated to inclusiveness, CDA values and celebrates the diversity and individuality of every child, participant, volunteer, employee and community partner. CDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.